Here we go.

02 January 2011

Reclaimation

Ai yi yi!  I spent the whole first day of the new year completely nauseated, my vital organs throbbing in pain.  There was no way I could get comfortable, the best thing I could do was lie completely still.  I don't believe it was a result of over-consumption.  This felt more like a "What the hell did I eat?" ordeal.  I feel a hell of a lot better right now, but only if I stick to this clear liquids regimen and not move about too much.  Thankfully, I have an intriguing book to keep me occupied for hours.

In an attempt to do something before the holiday officially comes to a close this evening, we undecked the halls & reclaimed living room.  I'm actually looking forward to bed, though.  Despite the shaky start, it's going to be a lovely year.  I insist!


-----


New Year's Eve in Ferndale, year four.  It was different this time.  ATM & I were coming off being sick (I was actually becoming sick AGAIN), it was unnaturally warm out, and we didn't sleepover.  I could feel the change.  I don't know, we may have to do something different next year, but it was really good to see everyone assembled.  Andrew D' even dropped in briefly.  


Jonathan made vegetarian gyoza -- it was my favorite thing out of our ridiculously huge spread:
Photobucket


He also made pecan pie:
Photobucket


From ATM's dusk walkabout:
Photobucket


The tea house:
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket


terlet
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

1 comment:

nicole said...

I want that food, that fire, and that cabin. That is all.

Oh, and Happy New Year! Cheers to the many many FEAR_ANTS adventures in 2011! xo.

Blog Archive